The purpose of this association is to provide a professional state organization for Extension Educators with degrees in Family Consumer Sciences and/or working in family related programs or administration in order to promote professional growth and development by:
- Providing for and recognizing leadership and achievement;
- Exchanging effective educational methodologies;
- Encouraging members to conduct research and to use research-based information in programming;
- Providing means for the exchange of ideas and methods;
- Promoting cooperation among all branches of Extension;
- Working cooperatively with National Association of Extension Educators-MN Affiliates and other professional associations;
- Prioritizing programs that meet current social needs and concerns affecting family and communities. Communicating present and potential contribution of Extension Educators; and
- Providing support for programs that benefit families/individuals and enhance the profession.
Active NEAFCS-MN Affiliate membership is granted to any Extension employee who holds a professional appointment, has a degree in Family Consumer Sciences, or related field and is actively engaged in work or on leave from such positions. Rights and privileges of Active members may hold office, vote, serve on committees and participate in section award and recognition programs. Membership in NEAFCS is automatic upon payment of NEAFCS-MN Affiliate dues.
As a member of NEAFCS-MN Affiliate you are also joining the National Extension Association of Family Consumer Sciences or NEAFCS.
The National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS) educate its professionals to empower individuals and families to make informed decisions.
- Being the voice for professionals in Extension family and consumer sciences program development;
- Providing an information network for its members;
- Providing continuing education for Extension professionals; and
- Recognizing Extension professionals through awards and recognition
NEAFCS Membership Benefits
As a member of NEAFCS-MN Affiliate, you will enhance your career and have a positive impact on your profession. NEAFCS-MN Affiliate members enjoy the following benefits from their participation in the association:
- Access to a growing, nationwide network of more than 2,000 Extension professionals actively involved in Family & Consumer Sciences programming in their communities.
- Opportunities to develop and enhance your leadership and management skills by serving in a leadership capacity on the state or national level.
- Forums for presenting research and program information and discussing common Extension concerns.
- Opportunities to publish research in peer-reviewed publications.
- Recognition for outstanding achievements through an extensive awards and recognition program.
- Access to professional development opportunities on the state, regional and national levels.
- The ability to earn continuing education credits through participation in national meetings.
- Up-to-date information on the latest products, methods, materials, and technological advances to enhance the effectiveness of your programs.
- The opportunity to develop lasting friendships.
To become a NEAFCS-MN Affiliate member contact:
North Jennifer Garbow email@example.com
Metro Rosi Heins firstname.lastname@example.org
South Kathy Brandt email@example.com
Or state membership committee chair, Cindy Petersen firstname.lastname@example.org
Encourage colleagues to become a member by sharing this membership encouragement document. Membership encouragement 2011.doc