NEAFCS-MN Procedures for Scholarship Application for Members Attending 2014 Annual Session, Lexington, KY
• Based on recommendations from Quasi-Endowment Funds Committee, MAEE Funds Committee and NEAFCS-MN Executive Board
May 15, 2014
Because it’s a magical year with our own Kathy Olson as NEAFCS President, the NEAFCS-MN Executive Board had a goal to provide financial support to members as a way to encourage attendance at the 2014 NEAFCS Annual Session, September 15 – 18 in Lexington, Kentucky. We believe that the financial support which is summarized in the following information will do just that! As this is being written we have heard that 8 active members and 6 life members are planning to attend; we look for that number to increase. We will be Minnesota proud as Kathy O presides over the national session.
A BIG thank you to both the Quasi-Endowment Fund Ad Hoc Committee (Rosi H, Suzanne D, Mary C, Sara C, Jennifer G) and the MAEE Fund Committee (Sharon P, Mary C, Mary S) for the time and work they put into making recommendations for financial support to all (active and national or state life members) attending the 2014 NEAFCS Annual Session. The board utilized recommendations from both committees and has formulated the following procedures.
From NEAFCS-MN Quasi-Endowment Funds –
1) $2,400 will be requested for professional development purposes as follows: $750 to be divided by 1 attendee to JCEP and 1 attendee to PILD; $400 to support the annual affiliate professional development conference; and $1,250 to scholarships for active and national or state life members who are attending the 2014 NEAFCS Annual Session in Lexington, Kentucky.
2) This request will be written by Kathy Brandt and Mary Caskey, submitted to Heather Lee for review and decision by Karen Shirer.
From MAEE (Disbandment) Funds –
1) $1,750 will be requested for professional development scholarships for active and national or state life members who are attending the 2014 NEAFCS Annual Session in Lexington, Kentucky.
The total amount available (pending approval by K. Shirer for Quasi funds) is $3,000. The criterion for applying for a scholarship is simply this; you are a current active member or a national or state life member, as of December 31, 2013, who will attend the 2014 NEAFCS Annual Session in Lexington, KY.
The money will be divided among the applicants, with a maximum award amount of $250/applicant. Scholarships will be awarded after the 2014 Annual Session with final dollar amount based on actual number of applicants in attendance.
If you meet the criteria and want to apply for a scholarship, copy and paste the form at the end of this message into an email. The application MUST be returned to Kathy Brandt, email@example.com by June 16, 2014. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this date. If you miss the date you are not eligible for the scholarship money.
1) $2,500 from MAEE Funds will provide support to the National President’s Reception (Kathy Olson) held at the Annual Session.
2) Two-$250 NEAFCS-MN Affiliate Scholarships (established 2012-13) from MAEE Funds will continue to be awarded based on criteria developed by the Ad Hoc Scholarship Committee. Selection criteria are based on supporting active members representing the MN Affiliate at Annual Session, JCEP and PILD. See application posted on the blog for details. Application is due June 16 to Kathy Brandt.
NEAFCS-MN Scholarship Application for 2014 Annual Session
Due by June 16, 2014 to Kathy Brandt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone (cell) _________________________ (home) __________________________
As of December 31, 2013, I was an Active Member _______ National or MN Life Member _______
I will attend the 2014 NEAFCS Annual Session, Lexington, Kentucky? Yes _______No_______
Thank you for your application!