As you are completing your 2017 Plan of Work and 2016 Assessment (& NEAFCS Impact Statements Suzanne Driessen recently emailed about) please plan to submit a NEAFCS Awards Application! There has been a lot of really great work in MN this past year and we want to share your accomplishments with others across the nation! It is time to tell your story!
NEAFCS MN Affiliate Award applications are due February 15, 2017. Award applications and all supporting material need to be uploaded into the national on-line system. Here are some tips for submitting your application(s):
- All NEAFCS Awards information is available on the NEAFCS Awards web page
- Identify which award categories your project fits into by reviewing the Awards-at-a-Glance document.
- Check out the step by step instructions on how to submit an application.
- Please note — MN Award applications will be accepted up until February 15.
- If you need to edit your application prior to our February 15 deadline, you will need to re-upload all of your files again. You cannot delete a file that has been previously submitted. To remove the file, re-upload the files you want included, and upload a blank page for the file you want to delete.
- There will not be an opportunity to edit/change your application after the Minnesota February 15 deadline
- To ensure high quality applications it is strongly recommended that submitters have their application materials reviewed prior to submitting online by someone else to ensure that the application is complete, easy to read & understand and contains no typos or grammatical errors.
- For your review is a ppt from National that provides insights on the awards process. It is worth spending a few minutes to review the slides.
If you have questions about the awards submission process please feel free to contact me (Sara Croymans – firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-226-6052) or any of the MN awards/membership committee members (Kelly Kunkel, Kathy Brandt, Sara VanOffelen, Silva Alvarez de Davila, Sharon Powell, Anita Hering, Antonio Alba Meraz or Kathy Olson).
In addition, the Awards/Membership committee also encourages members to submit a proposal to present at the NEAFCS Annual Session in Omaha October 16-19, 2017. The call for proposals has not yet been posted … please watch for this information on the NEAFCS 2017 Annual Session web page.
We look forward to seeing awards applications from Minnesota Affiliate members! Please reach out with any questions!