Present: Kathy Brandt, Sara Croymans, Megan Hruby, Kelly Kunkel
Absent: Suzanne Driessen & Trish Olson (Kathy & Trish determined there were not pressing agenda items requiring Trish to participate.)
The Meeting of the NEAFCS MN Affiliate Executive Board meeting was called to order by President Kathy Brandt at 11:09 am on September 29, 2020 via Zoom.
Secretary’s Report – Sara
- M/S/C (Kelly K./Megan H) to approve the minutes from the August 27, 2020 meeting.
Treasurer’s Report – Megan
- Checking balance – $5,133.83
- Savings balance – $851.44
- Two checks have recently cleared – Mary Caskey for $132.50 for Professional Development Virtual meeting gifts and $200 for NEAFCS Scholarship
- Megan was able to connect with Sue Young & received this information about the Endowment fund:
- “University side balance” – $1,339.74
- Foundation Side- $10,907.30
- Total Endowment funds: $12,247.04
- Fiscal year beginning balance – $11,117.10
- $700 from the Endowment fund was used for NEAFCS Annual Session scholarships
- Megan will request a Zoom meeting with Trish Olson, Sue Young, Kathy Brandt, Suzanne Driessent (President elect) and herself to develop a clear understanding of the Endowment fund, perhaps resulting in a tutorial for our reference; and determine which numbers we need to have access to and how frequently we need those figures (ie. quarterly, bi-yearly, etc).
- The Treasurer’s report will stand subject to audit.
President’s Report – Kathy
- 2020 NEAFCS Annual Session – 10 members and Trish attended
- Feedback/comments – there were some technology issues. good sessions.
- Silent Auction – thank you to Kelly for coordinating our MN Affiliate donation. Our donation (books) received a top bid of $50. Total funds raised was $2,692.
- September-October blog – NEAFCS Annual Session recap / member renewals / new member recruitment / NEAFCS-MN Annual meeting details / etc.
- NEAFCS-MN Quasi-Endowment Scholarships
- Recipients of the scholarships to participate in the NEAFCS Annual Session received accounting details from Trish and can submit a brief summary of learning to Trish and the Executive Board.
- Kathy Brandt will check back on expectations laid out for scholarship recipients and will follow up with recipients.
- NEAFCS-MN Annual Meeting preparation –
- The Annual Meeting is scheduled for October 26, 2:30 – 4:30 pm via ZOOM
- Past President Kelly K will lead the nominating committee to seek Officer candidates for President-elect and Secretary. At a future board meeting we will discuss with Trish membership and leadership opportunities and obstacles.
- Budget – actual and proposed for next year – Kathy will send an email to all committee chairs for input on the proposed budget for next year by a certain date; she will also invite all board members to a dedicated meeting to develop the proposed budget that will be taken to the membership for approval at the annual meeting.
- Suzanne is leading the development of the Annual Report and has requested written reports from committees and president. The board will work on the current and proposed budget.
- The board requested the Awards Committee review the Award policy indicating team members listed need to be members.
- Membership drive – nothing formal this be implemented this year, rather the board encourages current members to invite potential members to join. For next year, consider doing a membership drive offering incentives for participation and new members.
- Kathy is working on updating the Officers and Committee Manual. She will request review and updates for each officer and each committee.
Committee Reports – No committee reports were given. Suzanne Driessen has emailed all committee chairs to submit information for the Annual Meeting report on this google doc.
New Business – There was no new business discussed.
Dates to Remember
- NEAFCS-MN Annual Meeting, October 26, 2:30 – 4:30 pm via ZOOM
M/C/C (Sara C. /Megan H) to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 12:38.
Minutes by Sara Croymans, NEAFCS MN Affiliate Secretary