As you are preparing to complete your 2017 Assessment and 2018 Plan of Work (& NEAFCS Impact Statements Suzanne Driessen recently emailed about) please plan to submit an NEAFCS Awards Application! Our MN Affiliate members do a lot of really good work & it is important to share our accomplishments with others across the nation! It is time to tell your story!
NEAFCS MN Affiliate Award applications are due February 15, 2018. Award applications and all supporting material need to be uploaded into the national on-line system. Here are some tips for submitting your application(s):
- All NEAFCS Awards information is available on the NEAFCS Awards web page
- Identify which award categories your project fits into by reviewing the Awards-at-a-Glance document.
- Note there are six new award categories for 2018:
- Social Media – Video Award
- Social Media Award
- Excellence in Teamwork Award
- Snap-Ed/EFNEP Educational Program Award
- Innovation in Programming Award
- Excellence in Multi-State Collaboration Award
- Application and supporting documents should be merged to create 3 files. Each file should not exceed 25 MB. If needed, the “Combining Files Using Adobe Acrobat Pro” Power Point is available.
- Upload merged files using one file per upload space.
- The Awards Manual has specific and detailed instructions plus Judging Sheets. Review the Judging Sheets for specific criteria.
- Examples of national award-winning entries, as well as articles on Award Winning Applications FAQs and Award Winning Tips are also available under the Awards tab at this time.
- To ensure high quality applications it is strongly recommended that submitters have their application materials reviewed prior to submitting online by someone else to ensure that the application is complete, easy to read & understand and contains no typos or grammatical errors.
- Please note — MN Award applications will be accepted up until February 15.
- If you need to edit your application prior to our February 15 deadline, you will need to re-upload all of your files again. You cannot delete a file that has been previously submitted. To remove the file, re-upload the files you want included, and upload a blank page for the file you want to delete.
- There will not be an opportunity to edit/change your application after the Minnesota February 15 deadline
The Awards Committee has asked the MN Affiliate Board to approve the following at their January 19 Board meeting:
Receiving NEAFCS Awards is a benefit of membership. To honor and encourage membership the MN Affiliate requires team members listed on award applications to be NEAFCS members. Those individuals not eligible for membership (such as community partners) may be included as team members on award applications. Those eligible for NEAFCS membership who are not members may not be listed on the awards application. NEAFCS membership is accepted throughout the year. however membership must be received by XXX (date) to be eligible for any awards given that year.
Membership will be notified of the outcome of the Board’s discussion.
Also … please consider nominating someone to receive the Friend of NEAFCS – MN Affiliate Award. The nomination form can be requested from any Awards Committee member.
In addition, we encourage members to submit a proposal to present at the 2018 NEAFCS Annual Session September 24-27, 2018 in San Antonio, TX. Proposals are due January 31, 2018. Find more information on the 2018 Annual Session web page.
If you have questions about the awards submission process please feel free to contact me (Sara Croymans – email@example.com or 320-226-6052) or MN Affiliate Awards Committee members Kelly Kunkel & Mary Caskey.
We look forward to seeing awards applications from Minnesota Affiliate members! Please reach out with any questions.